As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Here's a rough list for 20th Century-Fox's Diamond Celebration collection.

If this list is more than 75, we might need to whittle it down.

Cavalcade (1933)
Baby Take A Bow (1934)
Bright Eyes (1934)
The Little Colonel (1935)
Poor Little Rich Girl (1936)
Dimples (1936)
Stowaway (1936)
Wee Willie Winkie (1937)
Heidi (1937)
Little Miss Broadway (1938)
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm (1938)
The Grapes of Wrath (1940)
Blood and Sand (1941)
The Song of Bernadette (1943)
Laura (1944)
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953)
The Robe (1953)
The Seven Year Itch (1955)
The King and I (1956)
Anasatasia (1956)
Love Me Tender (1956)
South Pacific (1958)
The Hustler (1961)
Cleopatra (1963)
Zorba the Greek (1964)
The Sound of Music (1965)
Fantastic Voyage (1966)
The Sand Pebbles (1966)
The Planet of the Apes (1968)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)
Hello Dolly! (1969)
The Twelve Chairs (1970; Hyperion)
MASH (1970)
Patton (1970)
The French Connection (1971)
The Poseidon Adventure (1972)
American Graffiti (1973; Hyperion)
Young Frankenstein (1974)
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
The Omen (1976)
Star Wars: A New Hope (1977)
Jabberwocky (1978; Hyperion)
Monty Python's Life of Brian (1979; Hyperion)
The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
History of the World: Part 1 (1981)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Captain America (1981)
Shock Treatment (1981)
Time Bandits (1981; Hyperion)
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life (1983; Hyperion)
Return of the Jedi (1983)
Buckaroo Banzai (1984)
Urusei Yatsura: Only You (1984)
The Mighty Thor (1984)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
Brazil (1985; Hyperion)
The Black Cauldron (1985; Dual-branded)
Commando (1985)
Iron Man (1985)
Big Trouble in Little China (1986)
Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer (1986)
Raising Arizona (1987)
Wall Street (1987)
Big (1988)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
Die Hard (1988)
Working Girl (1988)
License to Drive (1988)
Say Anything (1989)
The Abyss (1989)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990; Dual-Branded)
Edward Scissorhands (1990)
Home Alone (1990; Dual-branded)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991; Dual-Branded)
Barton Fink (1991)
Marvel's The Avengers (1991)
White Men Can't Jump (1992)
Spider-Man (1992)
Rookie of the Year (1993; Dual-Branded)
The Sandlot (1993; Dual-Branded)
Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993; Dual-Branded)
Little Audrey (1994; Dual-Branded)
Richie Rich (1994; Dual-Branded)
True Lies (1994)
Speed (1994)
Ranma 1/2: Big Trouble in Nekonron, China (1995)
Casper (1995; Dual-Branded)
Waiting to Exhale (1995)
Spider-Man 2 (1995)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1996)
Shadows of the Empire (1996)
Romeo + Juliet (1996 Leonardo DiCaprio/Claire Danes version)
Avengers: Endgame (1997)
The X-Files: Fight the Future (1998)
There's Something About Mary (1998)
Fight Club (1999)
X-Men (1999)
Office Space (1999)
Cast Away (2000)
Digimon: The Movie (2000)
Men of Honor (2000)
Me, Myself and Irene (2000)
Moulin Rouge! (2001)
Drumline (2002)
The Transporter (2002)
Phone Booth (2003)
Man on Fire (2004)
Mr. and Mrs. Smith (2005)
Walk the Line (2006)
Aquamarine (2006)
Idiocaracy (2006)
X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2006)
The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
Night at the Museum (2006; Dual-branded)
The Simpsons Movie (2007)
Taken (2009)

Last edited:
Gus St. Pierre (1991; Age 13/14)
EyzcQ9l.png

Gus at 23 (2000)
uGfmtLX.png
First image, in my opinion, has a slight resemblance to the, sadly, decseased, actor Cameron Boyce.

Dear Tiffany,

Have you ever noticed how the umpires in baseball don't have American or National League patches on their shirts anymore?

Jeff Melvin
Aurora, Illinois

Tiffany Disney:

When Lew Wasserman's health started to decline in the late 1990's, Major League Baseball made Bud Selig their interim commissioner until they hired Larry Lucchino around 2004. It was around 1999 that Selig decided to consolidate the AL and NL into a single, cohesive unit under the MLB banner. Nowadays, the American and National Leagues function similarly to "conferences" in other sports. Although one exception is that it's only in the AL that you see designated hitters.​

Dear Tiffany,

When Sempra Energy's naming rights deal for your arena expires in 2021, will the facility be simply renamed the Disney Arena or something along those lines?

Ivan Fernandez
Los Angeles, California

Tiffany Disney:
Actually, I've already lent my name to the Disney Fieldhouse on the campus of San Diego State University.

That's where the Aztecs' mens and womens basketball teams have played since 1997.

Known IOTL, originally as Cox Arena, but later renamed Viejas Arena.
november-san-diego-california-viejas-arena-formerly-cox-arena-sdsu-campus-viejas-arena-formerly-cox-arena-sdsu-campus-262885627.jpg

DSCN0673.jpg

Mandrake the Magician (2009 Film)
Benedict-Cumberbatch.jpg

Mandrake the Magician
Released by Universal Pictures through Peacock Releasing on December 11, 2009

Produced in association with
King Features Syndicate

Based upon the newspaper comic strip created by
Lee Falk

Directed by
Scott Derrickson

Music by
Michael Giacchino

Main Cast
Benedict Cumberbatch as Leon Mandrake
Michael Clarke Duncan as Lothar
Sheetal Sheth as Narda
James Saito as Hojo
Sophie Okonedo as Karma
Jeff Daniels as Chief Bradley
Peter Stormare as Luciphor/The Cobra​

Entertainment News for Mid December 2009
Entertainment News for Mid December 2009

Breaking News:
Roy E. Disney dies at 79

Statement from Walt Disney, Jr.
"The bond between Roy and myself was very reminiscent of how our fathers worked together decades earlier. That bond will likely never be duplicated."

Tiffany Disney on the death of her uncle Roy Edward Disney:
"Uncle Roy played a pivotal role in helping my father preserve Grandpa Walt's legacy while helping the family business keep pace with a rapidly changing world. Joyce and I will miss him greatly."
- Op-Ed in the The San Diego Union Tribune

Statement from Trey Disney (Chairman of the board; TR3Y Sportswear)
"Noelle and I are saddened by the news of my uncle's death. He and my dad did more than carry the most famous last name in the world. Uncle Roy's passion for building on Grandpa Walt's legacy is unparalleled."

Statement from Margaret Loesch (Disney vice president)
"Our entire theatrical slate for the next year will be dedicated in Roy's memory."

Statement from Rick Siggelkow (Disney Channel president)
"Roy's legacy cannot be measured in words or numbers."

Statement from Robert Zemeckis (Chairman of 20th Century-Fox)
"Roy was the one who convinced Walt Jr. to let me direct the first Roger Rabbit after they both liked my work on films for other studios in the years prior."

Statement from Kevin Eastman (President of Marvel Comics)
"Roy was initially unsure of how the TMNT would fit the flagship Disney brand, hence the dual-branding on the original Turtles cartoon and live action film. But rather quickly, he would admit that Trey's passion for the characters Peter Laird and I created gave him the confidence that the Turtles would become one of Disney's most lucrative franchises."

Statement from Rachel Stone-Abbott (Chief Creative Officer; Legendary Multimedia)
"Danny and I are saddened by the passing of Roy E. Disney. There was a time in the early-Eighties when Walt, Sr. was cautious about Danny's desire to overcome his childhood trauma to maintain a career in animation. But it was Roy and Walt, Jr. who both lobbied heavily to convince the elder Disney to give Danny a tryout under Eric Larson's tutelage. For Danny, both Roy and Richard Williams were father figures."

Statement from Stan Lee
"When it became obvious that the economics of the early Seventies no longer allowed Marvel and Disney to remain independent of each other, Roy convinced his uncle of the possibilities of both of our entities assembling an alliance that endures more than 35 years later."

A sample of statements from elsewhere in Hollywood

"While Roy E. Disney presided over one of our toughest competitors, his passing is a sad day for the entire entertainment industry."
- Mario Kassar; Chairman of Warner Bros.

"At this time, our condolences go out to the immediate Disney family, the employees of Disney Enterprises, Inc., and Disney fans around the world."
- Kevin Feige; Chairman of Universal Pictures

"The impact Roy had on pop culture is immeasurable."
- Steven Spielberg

"Roy was more than Walt Junior's partner in crime. Together, they expanded on a legacy that will endure forever."
- Geraldine Laybourne; Chairwoman of TBS+Paramount

"Melinda and I are saddened by the news of Roy's passing. He will continue to inspire generations to come."
- Bill Gates; TBS+Paramount shareholder

"In my many years in the entertainment industry, I have always credited Roy, his father and uncle as my heroes."
- Bob Iger; Chairman of Bally's, Inc. and owner of the Denver Broncos

"At this time, our family offers its condolences to the Disney family."
- Brian Henson

"When Columbia hired Laddie away from Fox, Roy was one who guided Fox during the making of The Empire Strikes Back. And for that, I never got a chance to thank him in person."
- George Lucas

Statement from Urusei Yatsura creator Rumiko Takahashi
"Walt, Sr. dreamed of one day working with Osamu Tezuka. Given the impact of my characters on the world today, it's easy to forget the struggle to bring them to America. Roy and then-Fox president Frank Wells provided a much needed lift when Walt Jr. pitched the anime to HBO."

Statement from the National Hockey League
(December 18, 2009)

At this time, the National Hockey League extends its condolences to the immediate Disney family, all members of the Mighty Duck organization and to the Mighty Duck fans in San Diego and around the world.

Out of respect for the passing of Tiffany's uncle Roy E. Disney, we have decided to postpone all NHL games scheduled for December 18 thru 20 and will resume play the following Monday. All games affected by this postponement will be rescheduled for April 12 thru 14.​

Pandora (2009 Film)

Pandora
Released by New Line Cinema on December 18, 2009

Known IOTL as Avatar.

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
Pandora would go on to be the biggest box office hit of 2009.
Pandora was given a different title ITTL to avoid confusing with the upcoming live action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
ITTL, Disney released The Princess and the Frog a month early to avoid getting crushed by Pandora like it did IOTL.

What's Next?
Theme park enthusiasts can expect Pandora: Flight of Passage or other Pandora themed attractions at Universal theme parks in the coming years. New Line Cinema was previously the third party partner to Bally's theme parks, but will now join Peacock's parks starting in 2010.​

Pandora
Released by New Line Cinema on December 18, 2009

Known IOTL as Avatar.

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
Pandora would go on to be the biggest box office hit of 2009.
Pandora was given a different title ITTL to avoid confusing with the upcoming live action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
ITTL, Disney released The Princess and the Frog a month early to avoid getting crushed by Pandora like it did IOTL.

What's Next?
Theme park enthusiasts can expect Pandora: Flight of Passage or other Pandora themed attractions at Universal theme parks in the coming years. New Line Cinema was previously the third party partner to Bally's theme parks, but will now join Peacock's parks starting in 2010.​
I feelt that it was a mistkae for newline to jump ship to universal parks. Universal has first and 3rd party ips that I feel that Newline gets dowrns out

Oldnavy do you like the idea Sonny bono becoming the first reform pary govonor of calaforia in 2010 and then have him become the first reform party president of the uniteds when he wins the 2016. When trump became preisent in 2016 he was the oldest preisdnet we ever had and bono was born trump and all of this time line preisdnet were presidnet atl with the exception Presidnet but Bono will still be oldest because bono will elcted at older age then cumo was when left office. I hope you don't mind me succeng that bonon die in office and have a term then William Henry Harrison. It bee iornic touch to have bono term be shorter then harriosn becuae bono was the president ecleted on the reform party ticket and and Harriosn the first preisent elcted on the whig ticket. I like the idea of bono vp being trey disney. With trey lakck of poltical experneicce he is more likely to elected vp then presdient and then become preisdent because the president he was vp for died