As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Lucky Luke: An animated movie based on the Franco-Belgian comic. Imported by United Artists in 1972.
Asterix: Paramount gained the North American rights when Norman Lear merged AVCO Embassy Pictures with Paramount.
Kid Power: A short-lived Rankin-Bass series based on Morrie Turner's newspaper comic Wee Pals.
George and Jimmy: Filmation's 1974 Americanized adaptation of the Dutch comic book Sjors en Sjimmie, created by Frans Piet.
Ghost Patrol: IOTL, this was Filmation's Ghostbusters.
Blackstar: A short lived Filmation series, similar to Ruby-Spears' Thundarr.
Goldie Gold and Action Jack: A short lived Ruby-Spears series.
Turbo Teen: A Ruby-Spears SatAm show that ran for only a year in 1984.
Mighty Orbots: An anime dubbed by United Artists in the Mid-80's.
The Riders of Kisha-Yar: Produced by CMJ for Paramount during the late 80's.
Hello Kitty: United Artists had licensed the multimedia rights from Sanrio back in 1986. That might change due to Paramount's current partnership with Mattel.
Bravestarr: A Ruby-Spears SatAm show about a futuristic Native American superhero.
Mother Goose and Grimm: A short lived Ruby-Spears animated series based on Mike Peters' newspaper comic.

I'm sure there's tons more I may have missed.
1. Of all these properties, I’m most convinced that Hello Kitty and Asterix would be ripe for an Illumination style reboot in the 2010s.
2. Forgive me for forgetting, but what’s The Riders of Kisha-Yar about and who exactly is behind it at CMJ? Is it a Thundercats-style series?
3. I also have some ideas for films unique to TTL if you wanna hear them.

Thoughts?

Lucky Luke: An animated movie based on the Franco-Belgian comic. Imported by United Artists in 1972.
Asterix: Paramount gained the North American rights when Norman Lear merged AVCO Embassy Pictures with Paramount.
Kid Power: A short-lived Rankin-Bass series based on Morrie Turner's newspaper comic Wee Pals.
George and Jimmy: Filmation's 1974 Americanized adaptation of the Dutch comic book Sjors en Sjimmie, created by Frans Piet.
Hello Kitty: United Artists had licensed the multimedia rights from Sanrio back in 1986. That might change due to Paramount's current partnership with Mattel.
Bravestarr: A Ruby-Spears SatAm show about a futuristic Native American superhero.
Mother Goose and Grimm: A short lived Ruby-Spears animated series based on Mike Peters' newspaper comic.

Here some obsucre ips in the turner

Fang face (ruby spears first program. IT was scooby wiht a werewolf mascot)
Rickety Rocket
The Centurions
Lazer Tag Academy

Wild West C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa (ruby spears produceced season 2 of this show otl. I watch most the series. I like the show)
Mad Mad Mad Monsters[a] (1972 rakin bask hallowen speicla)

The Tomfoolery Show
The Comic Strip

Space Sentinels
Sky surfer strike force (Ruby spears last show)

1. Of all these properties, I’m most convinced that Hello Kitty and Asterix would be ripe for an Illumination style reboot in the 2010s.
2. Forgive me for forgetting, but what’s The Riders of Kisha-Yar about and who exactly is behind it at CMJ? Is it a Thundercats-style series?
3. I also have some ideas for films unique to TTL if you wanna hear them.

Thoughts?

The Riders of Kisha-Yar had Chuck Jones serve as executive producer while Leonard Nimoy and RL Stine were the creators. Yes, the same RL Stine who went on to create Eureeka's Castle and Goosebumps.

Synopsis from TV Guide: A show set in a fantasy world called Kisha-Yar, where seven special children: Tom, Charlie, Molly, Jacob, Rebecca, Jason, and Lily all ride dragons.

The English dub of the Little Lulu anime (above) was produced in 1979 ITTL by Columbia Pictures Television.

In 2009, TBS+Paramount acquired the rights for use in Limited Run reissues. Here's how the updated closing logos would look...
maxresdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

The English dub of the Little Lulu anime (above) was produced in 1979 ITTL by Columbia Pictures Television.

In 2009, TBS+Paramount acquired the rights for use in Limited Run reissues. Here's how the updated closing logos would look...
maxresdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
I guess the trend of replacing older logos with modern-day ones (stares at Sony Pictures Television) never emerged ITTL. Right?

I guess the trend of replacing older logos with modern-day ones (stares at Sony Pictures Television) never emerged ITTL. Right?
Actually, it still happened but at a much smaller scale.

In 1976, a year after Disney bought Fox and CBS bought DC Comics and Columbia Pictures, Walt Disney, Jr. sold the 1966 Batman series and movie to DC in a backdoor deal. As a consequence, the 20th Television logos have been replaced with the more modern Columbia-TriStar Television logos in recent years.
Before​
After​
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

@THEKINGFISH217
While we're still on the subject of logo plastering, Disney has done the same in some cases.

In 1982, when the studio first released ET: The Extra Terrestrial, this was the opening logo:

At the end of the film, this was the only logo after the credits if you were around to see it in theatres.
maxresdefault.jpg

Most home video and cable prints from 1984 onwards added the Ambin logo after the Buena Vista card shown above. ITTL, this Amblin logo was introduced at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Oh, wow. That is a lot.

From this particular list, I would narrow it down to Lucky Luke, Asterix, Ghost Patrol, Blackstar, Turbo Teen, Hello Kitty, BraveStarr, and Mother Goose & Grimm.

I'd then narrow down that list to Asterix, Ghost Patrol, Turbo Teen, and Mother Goose and Grimm.

Actually, it still happened but at a much smaller scale.

In 1976, a year after Disney bought Fox and CBS bought DC Comics and Columbia Pictures, Walt Disney, Jr. sold the 1966 Batman series and movie to DC in a backdoor deal. As a consequence, the 20th Television logos have been replaced with the more modern Columbia-TriStar Television logos in recent years.
Before​
After​
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
Ah, so the Columbia-TriStar logo still exists ITTL. That’s cool I guess.

This just in...
Bally has announced the launch of Crunchyroll, a new anime focused premium channel which will be added for free for current HBO and Cinemax subscribers starting in April of 2011.
Variety; September 1, 2009
OK, I might’ve actually watched that channel. Hopefully it doesn’t end up being as terrible as OTL’s streaming service.

OK, I might’ve actually watched that channel. Hopefully it doesn’t end up being as terrible as OTL’s streaming service.
Exactly! Like, recently, I found out they have this deal where Xbox Game Pass Ultimate users could get 75 days of Premium free, I signed up, only to find out I need a stupid credit card?

Yeah, Crunchyroll definitely blows..............

Exactly! Like, recently, I found out they have this deal where Xbox Game Pass Ultimate users could get 75 days of Premium free, I signed up, only to find out I need a stupid credit card?

Yeah, Crunchyroll definitely blows..............
Yeah, I was more talking about their crappy localization jobs and unwillingness to take accountability for said crappy localization jobs, but that sucks too.

Oh and I tried Crunchyroll once. Couldnt even get past the opening theme to DBS without it buffering every half of a second, it seems, yet the ads rolled fine.

We’re getting off topic though. Let’s get back to this timeline.

Yeah, I was more talking about their crappy localization jobs and unwillingness to take accountability for said crappy localization jobs, but that sucks too.

Oh and I tried Crunchyroll once. Couldnt even get past the opening theme to DBS without it buffering every half of a second, it seems, yet the ads rolled fine.

We’re getting off topic though. Let’s get back to this timeline.
Right.........

And almost every show I started watching on there under the Free tier last summer is now under Premium.........

Let's get back on topic.

The Riders of Kisha-Yar had Chuck Jones serve as executive producer while Leonard Nimoy and RL Stine were the creators. Yes, the same RL Stine who went on to create Eureeka's Castle and Goosebumps.

Synopsis from TV Guide: A show set in a fantasy world called Kisha-Yar, where seven special children: Tom, Charlie, Molly, Jacob, Rebecca, Jason, and Lily all ride dragons.
What does the art style look like? Typical 80s cartoon I guess?

Entertainment News for Mid-September 2009

Paramount Pictures confirms that with the TBS+Paramount merger now settled, they will repurpose tertiary brand Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) for importing Japanese anime to western markets. Paramount vice president Barbara Broccoli says the studio expects anime to be the answer to "restoring the roar" for the once-glamorous brand.
- Variety

RKO Radio Pictures confirms a Summer 2013 release date for the sequel to Alejandro Inarritu's version of Star Trek. The first of what RKO hopes to turn into a trilogy will be available on DVD and BluRay from Sony-MCA Home Entertainment and on VHS through Limited Run in November.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Paramount finally releases a trailer for Thundercats 2, which is slated for a summer 2010 release. The sequel to the 2005 film helmed by Jonathan Frakes had been delayed by script issues as well as Paramount's merger negotiations with Turner Broadcasting.
- Access Hollywood

Rumor Mill
Paramount Pictures and Mattel offer Linda Woolverton $35 million USD to write the script for a live action Barbie movie they hope to release in 2012 as part of Paramount's 100th anniversary. But who would play the iconic doll? Some point to an established star like Reese Witherspoon, Kirsten Dunst or Bryce Dallas Howard. Others suggest Emily Osment, whose feud with Miley Cyrus on the set of Nickelodeon's Hannah Montana has reached a boiling point according to her big brother Haley.
- Entertainment Tonight

The Sports Page

Last night in Sacramento, the San Jose Sharks lost to the Mighty Ducks of San Diego 6-3. Even though last night's game was a neutral site NHL preseason game, the ARCO Arena was sold out. Some fans stayed as many as two hours after the game had ended, clamoring for autographs from Ducks president Tiffany Disney. Not bad for a basketball-specific arena where some seats in the lower bowl had to be tucked in for the rink to fit. In the second intermission, it was announced that Sacramento's new IHL team - formerly the St. Paul Wild - will take the ice next year as the River Rats, a tribute to the city's former roller hockey club which played briefly during the mid 1990's.
- The San Jose Mercury News

Janikowski surpasses Dempsey for Longest field goal in pro football (Las Vegas Review-Journal headline)
Las Vegas Raiders at San Diego Chargers
September 13, 2009
Jack in the Box Stadium; San Diego, CA
Greg Papa (Raiders radio guy):
"Sebastian Janikowski will attempt a 65 yard field goal to win the game for the Raiders....The snap....Ball's down....The kick....IT...IS..."

*ball bounces off the crossbar*

Papa: "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!! HOLY TOLEDO!!! RAIDERS WIN!!!! FINAL SCORE, RAIDERS 26, CHARGERS 23!!!"

Paramount Pictures confirms that with the TBS+Paramount merger now settled, they will repurpose tertiary brand Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) for importing Japanese anime to western markets. Paramount vice president Barbara Broccoli says the studio expects anime to be the answer to "restoring the roar" for the once-glamorous brand.
- Variety

RKO Radio Pictures confirms a Summer 2013 release date for the sequel to Alejandro Inarritu's version of Star Trek. The first of what RKO hopes to turn into a trilogy will be available on DVD and BluRay from Sony-MCA Home Entertainment and on VHS through Limited Run in November.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Paramount finally releases a trailer for Thundercats 2, which is slated for a summer 2010 release. The sequel to the 2005 film helmed by Jonathan Frakes had been delayed by script issues as well as Paramount's merger negotiations with Turner Broadcasting.
- Access Hollywood

Rumor Mill
Paramount Pictures and Mattel offer Linda Woolverton $35 million USD to write the script for a live action Barbie movie they hope to release in 2012 as part of Paramount's 100th anniversary. But who would play the iconic doll? Some point to an established star like Reese Witherspoon, Kirsten Dunst or Bryce Dallas Howard. Others suggest Emily Osment, whose feud with Miley Cyrus on the set of Nickelodeon's Hannah Montana has reached a boiling point according to her big brother Haley.
- Entertainment Tonight

The Sports Page
Last night in Sacramento, the San Jose Sharks lost to the Mighty Ducks of San Diego 6-3. Even though last night's game was a neutral site NHL preseason game, the ARCO Arena was sold out. Some fans stayed as many as two hours after the game had ended, clamoring for autographs from Ducks president Tiffany Disney. Not bad for a basketball-specific arena where some seats in the lower bowl had to be tucked in for the rink to fit. In the second intermission, it was announced that Sacramento's new IHL team - formerly the St. Paul Wild - will take the ice next year as the River Rats, a tribute to the city's former roller hockey club which played briefly during the mid 1990's.
- The San Jose Mercury News

Janikowski surpasses Dempsey for Longest field goal in pro football (Las Vegas Review-Journal headline)
Las Vegas Raiders at San Diego Chargers
September 13, 2009
Jack in the Box Stadium; San Diego, CA
Greg Papa (Raiders radio guy):
"Sebastian Janikowski will attempt a 65 yard field goal to win the game for the Raiders....The snap....Ball's down....The kick....IT...IS..."

*ball bounces off the crossbar*

Papa: "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!! HOLY TOLEDO!!! RAIDERS WIN!!!! FINAL SCORE, RAIDERS 26, CHARGERS 23!!!"
Glad to see a big update. We haven't had a big one in over a week. I hope we get at least one entemrent news update for 2009. 2009 is the year that amhsher bush sold theire themepark divson to the blackstone group. I like the idea of it beign sold to place entmetn which the american arm of spainsh largest theme park company pargue renunids. Place bought kneeywood entmernt in 2008 otl. Since cedar fair bought kennywod atl I feel that buying the amhsher busch parks would be a good move for palce entment. I also feel that palace purcahse of the bush parks would make a good headline for the next entment new update

- Variety
Cool!

What anime did you have in mind for MGM?
- Access Hollywood
Nice.
Rumor Mill
- Entertainment Tonight
Oh crap, how did this feud evolve?