To Save America

To Save America

AP9409270452.jpg

"As the night closed, it was apparent that there had been what others would term a Revolution, a massive shift in political power from one party to another. The Democrat's on that November 8th had lost a hundred seats in the House, another fifteen in the Senate, a reversal of fortunes that has yet to be repeated in American history. For many, the leader of this revolution was Newt Gingrich who was due to become the next Speaker, and in this position of power he promised to carry out his Party's "Contract with America" in full, even if it had to be done over the reservations of then-President Bill Clinton........."

- James P. Clark
A History of U.S. Presidential Elections Volume IV (1976 - 2012)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
With my MacArthur project currently on hold until I can get my hands on some books (they are only a couple of minutes away, but apparently it takes College Libraries three to four weeks to retrieve a book from storage), I have decided to move onto another one, at least temporarily. The premise is slightly ASB I'll admit, the Republicans doing far better in the 1994 elections for no discernible reason, but I desire more to see the after-effects of such an event, both the initial splash and the ripples.

Subscribed, I am a democrat, but I view Gingrich as one of the few Republicans with some decent ideas and an understanding of history.

Apologies!

Apologies, but I wasn't really thinking last night and put up the wrong project. :eek:

So, sorry, but this is on indefinite hiatus again.