As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Entertainment News for Late July 2008

SAGWA Strike II: Electric Boogaloo

SAGWA strike could linger for months.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Peacock threatens to sever ties with AEW unless its chairwoman Stephanie McMahon listens to the demands of performers currently on strike. At issue is SAGWA's demand for improved access to Healthcare and retirement benefits.
- CNN on UPN

Linda McMahon, currently running for public office, was grilled by reporters about her late husband's handling of the health and safety of performers who worked for the now defunct World Wrestling Alliance.
- The Hartford Courant

SAGWA, currently on strike, urges the Sempra Energy Center to apply a moratorium to hosting non-union wrestling promotions, including Battle Dome Wrestling (BDW).
- The San Diego Union-Tribune

Mayor Michael Bloomberg signs an executive order banning non-union wrestling from Madison Square Garden and other venues within the five boroughs.
- The New York Times
Remind me, what's battle Dome wrestling? And what does the roster and current storyline look like?

Oldnavy have ever consider doing a supplemental Fan Contribution Thread for as dreamers do simlair to Geekish khan to introduce our guest start that's what I am here to supplemental Fan Contribution Thread for when you wish upon a frog

Entertainment News for Late July 2008 (Part 2)
@Sonny912
Battle Dome Wrestling is an upstart promotion jointly operated by Ian Rotten and Vince Russo. Most of the roster consists of guys that have been plucked from outlaw promotions, many of whom will likely be new OC's added for this TL. Battle Dome is financed by Mitt Romney and Harvey Weinstein of Bain Capital.

Anyways....

Entertainment News for Late July 2008 (Part 2)

"I applaud Johanna's courage coming out in recent interviews. But on the other hand, the guilt from my inaction will take me a long time to get over."
- Carmen Finestra; Home Improvement co-creator in a statement

"As we prepare to bring Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom back to the Cartoon Network lineup in the spring of 2009, I must reiterate that these programs were not the product of only Butch himself. They were the work of a team of artists who were just as repulsed as you are when all those incidents became public."
- Sam Register; Head of Paramount Animation in a statement

The University of Alabama confirms that metal detectors will be installed for Johanna Thomas's visit to the campus. Thomas, once known as prominent child actor Jonathan Taylor Thomas during the 1990's, is scheduled to give a talk on September 11 outlining her [gender affirmation journey]. Chancellor Robert Witt said "I'd hate to see Jonathan...I mean Johanna...avoid our school because of the idiots making these threats. FART, Focus on the Family, One Million Moms, the Westboro Baptist Church and others who are attempting to intimidate Mister...I mean Miss Thomas...have put us in a position where these safety measures have become absolutely necessary."
- The Tuscaloosa News

Last week at San Diego Comic Con, Universal exec Kevin Feige gave fans a sneak preview of Chris Evans in the titular role of Flash Gordon, which is scheduled for a May or June 2009 release.
- Wizard

At Comic Con last week, New Line Cinema finally confirmed the long-circulated rumors that Chris Rock will voice Slappy in a new Goosebumps movie slated for a summer 2010 release.
- G4 Attack of the Show

The Sports Page

The NBA Board of Governors has approved the Toronto Hogs' bid to revert to the original Toronto Dragons name following fan complaints. The Dragons' return will take effect next offseason.
- The Toronto Star

Oldnavy have ever consider doing a supplemental Fan Contribution Thread for as dreamers do simlair to Geekish khan to introduce our guest start that's what I am here to supplemental Fan Contribution Thread for when you wish upon a frog
If I decide to reboot this thread, I might consider that. Thanks for the suggestion.

If I decide to reboot this thread, I might consider that. Thanks for the suggestion.
Please don't reboot untill you get caught up with the present or atleast untill you make it to the year 2020. Also I feel that it better to do the supplemental Fan Contribution Thread before you reboot becuase I feel you fans are more confromable back tracking a then coming up with ideas simulatius to you because they are afaird of interfering with plans going foward. I belive that how introduce our guest start that's what I am here to opertaes. Speaking of to introduce our guest start that's what I am here to do I got an idea for the thread but I need some help fleshing it out. Do you mind If I pm you the idea so you can help me with the details

Please don't reboot untill you get caught up with the present or atleast untill you make it to the year 2020. Also I feel that it better to do the supplemental Fan Contribution Thread before you reboot becuase I feel you fans are more confromable back tracking a then coming up with ideas simulatius to you because they are afaird of interfering with plans going foward. I belive that how introduce our guest start that's what I am here to opertaes. Speaking of to introduce our guest start that's what I am here to do I got an idea for the thread but I need some help fleshing it out. Do you mind If I pm you the idea so you can help me with the details

2020 will likely be the year this TL will stop. Because the Covid-19 pandemic might be too hard for me to really butterfly.

Suppose BDW was to hold a show where non-union wrestling is banned. Do the wrestlers get arrested?

Probably, just a fine as long as they don't get violent.

Mighty Ducks Sports & Entertainment
A Subsidiary of Disney Enterprises, Inc.
Sports Arena Boulevard
San Diego, CA

STATEMENT FROM TIFFANY L. DISNEY
Chairwoman of the Board; Mighty Ducks of San Diego

For Immediate Release
July 31, 2008

After consulting with Mayor Jerry Sanders and representatives from the Scren Actors Guild Wrestlers Association (SAGWA), I have decided that out of an abundance of caution for the safety and health of professional wrestlers everywhere, I will implement a moratorium on non-union wrestling events at the Sempra Energy Center effective immediately.

2020 will likely be the year this TL will stop. Because the Covid-19 pandemic might be too hard for me to really butterfly.

Sports Arena Boulevard
San Diego, CA

For Immediate Release
July 31, 2008

After consulting with Mayor Jerry Sanders and representatives from the Scren Actors Guild Wrestlers Association (SAGWA), I have decided that out of an abundance of caution for the safety and health of professional wrestlers everywhere, I will implement a moratorium on non-union wrestling events at the Sempra Energy Center effective i
I feel that covid could be butteflied. I belive it has been butterfiled in other timelines. After the all the buttefly effect says that little change in the past can can led to large changes that modern logic can't perdicit. Thus I belive the pod was far enough in the past that there been enough changes that it possible that they may cassadaded enought that the enoviemnt of the world was different enoguh that covid never incubated

Pro Football Commentator Pairings for Fall 2008

CBS (NFL; NFC)
Studio:

James Brown, Bill Cowher, Rod Woodson and Shannon Sharpe
Booth:
Jim Nantz and Phil Simms
Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf
Bill Macatee and Dan Marino
Don Criqui and Beasley Reece
Curt Menifee and Matt Millen
Verne Lundquist and Jerry Glanville
Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts

SBC (NFL; AFC)
Studio:

Bill Pidto, Mike Ditka, Jerome Bettis and Daryl Johnston
Booth:
Mike "Doc" Emrick and Boomer Esiason
Gus Johnson and Steve Tasker
Joe Buck and Troy Aikman
Sam Rosen and Jim Mora, Sr.
Mike Patrick and Steve Beuerlein
Dick Enberg and Solomon Wilcots
Kenny Albert and Tim Green

Rosen, Emrick and Albert also serve as play by play for Wednesday Night Hockey with Albert the alternate announcer for doubleheaders.

Fox (NFL; Sunday Nights)
Studio:

Eric Clemons, Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long
Booth:
Kevin Harlan and Cris Carter

ABC (NFL; Monday Nights)
Studio:

Chris Berman, Trey Wingo, Tom Jackson and Joe Theismann
Booth:
Al Michaels and John Madden

USA Network (NFL; Thursday Nights)
Studio:

Diana Nyad, Joe Gibbs and Brian Baldinger
Booth:
Brad Nessler and Cris Collinsworth

"I applaud Johanna's courage coming out in recent interviews. But on the other hand, the guilt from my inaction will take me a long time to get over."
- Carmen Finestra; Home Improvement co-creator in a statement

"As we prepare to bring Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom back to the Cartoon Network lineup in the spring of 2009, I must reiterate that these programs were not the product of only Butch himself. They were the work of a team of artists who were just as repulsed as you are when all those incidents became public."
- Sam Register; Head of Paramount Animation in a statement

The University of Alabama confirms that metal detectors will be installed for Johanna Thomas's visit to the campus. Thomas, once known as prominent child actor Jonathan Taylor Thomas during the 1990's, is scheduled to give a talk on September 11 outlining her [gender affirmation journey]. Chancellor Robert Witt said "I'd hate to see Jonathan...I mean Johanna...avoid our school because of the idiots making these threats. FART, Focus on the Family, One Million Moms, the Westboro Baptist Church and others who are attempting to intimidate Mister...I mean Miss Thomas...have put us in a position where these safety measures have become absolutely necessary."
- The Tuscaloosa News

Last week at San Diego Comic Con, Universal exec Kevin Feige gave fans a sneak preview of Chris Evans in the titular role of Flash Gordon, which is scheduled for a May or June 2009 release.
- Wizard

At Comic Con last week, New Line Cinema finally confirmed the long-circulated rumors that Chris Rock will voice Slappy in a new Goosebumps movie slated for a summer 2010 release.
- G4 Attack of the Show
1: Something tells me those who have issues with Johanna's coming out, like the state of Alabama, aren't politically correct themselves.
2: Spring 2009 sounds like a good time to bring back FOP and Danny Phantom.
3: Chris Evans as Flash Gordon. That is legit good casting right there.
4: Oh, cool!
I mean, as far as I know, that pandemic began because one Chinese man ate a live bat. What makes this hard to butterfly?
Sports Arena Boulevard
San Diego, CA

For Immediate Release
July 31, 2008

After consulting with Mayor Jerry Sanders and representatives from the Scren Actors Guild Wrestlers Association (SAGWA), I have decided that out of an abundance of caution for the safety and health of professional wrestlers everywhere, I will implement a moratorium on non-union wrestling events at the Sempra Energy Center effective immediately.
I don't mind this.

Hey sense you have this thing for putting cartoon creators like butch hartman and John kricfalusi through legal hell, can you do the same to Thomas astruc for making miraculous stupid after season 3?

Hey sense you have this thing for putting cartoon creators like butch hartman and John kricfalusi through legal hell, can you do the same to Thomas astruc for making miraculous stupid after season 3?
That only happens when the creator does something illegal or morally reprehensible.

That only happens when the creator does something illegal or morally reprehensible.
And committing character suicide doesn't count? Besides people on youtube are calling him the next butch hartman anyway. Btw what exactly did hartman do irl? Is it about the plagiarism thing with Mikasa from attack on titan?

And committing character suicide doesn't count? Besides people on youtube are calling him the next butch hartman anyway. Btw what exactly did hartman do irl? Is it about the plagiarism thing with Mikasa from attack on titan?
Plagiarism on multiple occasions. He's part of a church that promotes that autism can be cured and has said as much. He joked to Tara Strong that she was responsible for the original Timmy Turner actress committing suicide. He's rude to fans and bragged about how they are beneath him. He promoted a streaming service that he said was not pushing Christianity which turned out to be a lie as he said as much at a Christian meeting. When it finally did release it was garbage. He still hasn't paid many artists including the fan Kuro the Artist for work he comissioned from them despite being legally required to. The quality of his shows has gone downhill, suggesting other people were supporting those shows. He announces himself as "Creator of your childhood" which in most cases is an exaggeration.

Now as for Miraculous Ladybug, here's what I propose. The creator originally wanted to make it as a manga. Have them do just that. Since he is writing and drawing it the pacing is better but when it gets inevitably adapted they change it for the better. The Boys and Invincible for example are both huge improvements on the original comics for example. Helped by knowing how the series ends.

Plagiarism on multiple occasions. He's part of a church that promotes that autism can be cured and has said as much. He joked to Tara Strong that she was responsible for the original Timmy Turner actress committing suicide. He's rude to fans and bragged about how they are beneath him. He promoted a streaming service that he said was not pushing Christianity which turned out to be a lie as he said as much at a Christian meeting. When it finally did release it was garbage. He still hasn't paid many artists including the fan Kuro the Artist for work he comissioned from them despite being legally required to. The quality of his shows has gone downhill, suggesting other people were supporting those shows. He announces himself as "Creator of your childhood" which in most cases is an exaggeration.

Now as for Miraculous Ladybug, here's what I propose. The creator originally wanted to make it as a manga. Have them do just that. Since he is writing and drawing it the pacing is better but when it gets inevitably adapted they change it for the better. The Boys and Invincible for example are both huge improvements on the original comics for example. Helped by knowing how the series ends.
Huh I didn't know much of that.

I thought ladybug was gonna be an comic?