Good chapter, can't wait for the Great HRE War. I'd personally call it something like The Great Desolation with how much you're emphasizing that great change is about to come. Will the Habsburgs permanently lose their spot as Emperor? Will Iberia be lost as well? Do the Oldenburgs gain another Kingdom? Keep up the good work.
It's not gonna be that drastic (this isn't going to be a Habsburg screw), but Europe will have some notable differences from OTL after the war ends.

To anyone who might be interested, I've nominated this tl for a turtledove in the early modern category :) Feel free to second it, if you haven't seconded one already

To anyone who might be interested, I've nominated this tl for a turtledove in the early modern category :) Feel free to second it, if you haven't seconded one already
Thank you very much! I am truly honored.

I'm gonna begin work on the Great HRE War. What do you guys think would make a good flashpoint for the conflict? IOTL the 30 Years' War began over the Bohemian revolt against the Catholic Habsburgs, which I think is a plausible event ITTL given the Czechs' long tradition of Protestantism going back to before the Reformation (Jan Hus). The 100 years of butterflies resulting from the survival of the Kalmar Union would've significantly changed the royal families of Europe, so I'm not completely sure.

I'm gonna begin work on the Great HRE War. What do you guys think would make a good flashpoint for the conflict? IOTL the 30 Years' War began over the Bohemian revolt against the Catholic Habsburgs, which I think is a plausible event ITTL given the Czechs' long tradition of Protestantism going back to before the Reformation (Jan Hus). The 100 years of butterflies resulting from the survival of the Kalmar Union would've significantly changed the royal families of Europe, so I'm not completely sure.
tbf anything from the Netherlands to Transylvania could spark it, but I do think a Transylvanian one would be interesting, although I've no idea how hard it is to pull off. The Netherlands overreacting to something happening in the Rhineland would be possible too.

I'm beginning work on the next chapter. I've opted to keep the war's flashpoint much the same, as the mainly Protestant Bohemians attempt to revolt against the Catholic Habsburgs. IOTL, the factions of the 30 Years' War were as such (pulled from Wikipedia):

[TR]
[TD]Post-1635 Peace of Prague

[/TD]

[TD]Post-1635 Peace of Prague
[/TD]
[/TR]

(Side note, I didn't know I could directly take it from Wikipedia, flags and all before I copy/pasted it. That's pretty cool, I'll do it more in the future. I had to remove the flags due to the image limit, though).
With the butterflies of the past 100 years, notably the united Scandinavian crown and the Oldenburg control of The Netherlands and Poland-Lithuania, the factions of the war are bound to change to some extent. I don't want to make things too unbalanced in favor of the Protestant/Anti-Habsburg alliance, but the size of the Austrian and Spanish realms plus the massive amounts of gold coming in from The Americas should keep things fairly competitive. A tentative lineup for the factions of the war could be something like this:
Pro-Habsburg: Austria, Spain, Bavaria, Catholic HRE states.
Anti-Habsburg: Bohemia, Kalmar Union, Netherlands, Protestant HRE states.
France and Poland-Lithuania could feasibly join the Anti-Habsburg faction, the former due to territorial desires and the latter due to Oldenburg dynastic ties, but their Catholic religion may prevent that, at least for the most part. If France and Poland-Lithuania join the Anti-Habsburg alliance, the Habsburg Alliance is screwed. While I do expect this war to be more of a Protestant victory than OTL, with Bohemia becoming solidly Protestant, I don't want it to be too one sided. If you guys have any suggestions for an additional Habsburg ally, please tell me.