A German Star: Erik Fritz (37)

A Hidden Facility Somewhere in Atlantic City.
January 15th, 195

After a few weeks to rest and recover and to go to Cuba to film a documentary about the island and its wonders, Fritz found himself again in the most inner sanctum of the whole country with his old "friend" and, there, he had been taken aside by Oswald and given his special orders, along with a document by the Aetheling’s own hand giving him special powers to carry the orders out. Even this unwanted power had improved Fritz's mood... until he landed in Antarctica "to see untold wonders, on special assignment by the Aetheling himself!", as a happy ORRA officer had greeted him in that forsaken place with a huge smile on his face. So, once in his room in the small office building, he poured himself a whisky which he drained instantly and then relaxed back into his chair. He knew that his presence disgusted the stiff-lipped archaeologists and scientists who were part of the mission. However, he thought with a dark grin, they were even more troubled by Dross and the ORRA agents that surrounded him. That morning, after landing, he had had his moment of fun when he had seen their eyes bulging out of their sockets to read the words of the Aetheling himself ordering the expedition to do its utmost to facilitate a successful completion of Fritz’s mission, which was apparently very secret. Oh, my day... he thought, with a smirk on his face

-Now let’s talk business -he began bluntly - I'm pretty sure that you aren’t exactly thrilled at our presence here - Without waiting for an answer Fritz continued - But remember: the sooner we are successful the sooner you and your crew can get back to your important work.

"And the sooner I'm out of this frozen hell, the better", Fritz added to himself.

-You have my full cooperation, what can we do to assist you.... Mr Fritz?” Doctor Brody answered, attempting to hide his discomfort at the situation.

-My men will begin the work to assemble one of the AeroJet Model 47 tomorrow and would appreciate all the help your mechanics can give us. -Brody nodded and Fritz went on -Furthermore, I have been informed that you team had flying boat to photograph vast areas, is this true?

-That is correct, Mr Fritz. Much of the maps have proven erroneous.

-I see, Now your plane is grounded because lack of spare parts, I have been informed, too. I hope that your plane did not stray into the restricted area?

- Of course not! -Brody protested, just to follow in a less firm voice- Not to my knowledge, at least, but why care about that…

-Are you aware of what happened to the Miskatonic University and the Starkweather-Moore expeditions? - Brody nodded- There is more to that story however and what I’m about to tell you is classified information, understood?” Brody nodded again and Fritz continued. -There are ruins in the restricted area, my dear Doctor! Perhaps remains of a settlement of some primordial civilization… or so I have been told - Brody looked very skeptical as it sounded like the ravings of a lunatic, but Fritz just went on.- We have obtained maps and references from the survivors of the Starkweather-Moore expedition. They point to a location that will most likely hold the objective of my mission.

-Will my men be required to participate in any of this? - Brody was obviously concerned.

-Yes and I’ll probably want your help, too. My men will protect you, of course.

-Of course…

-Cheer up, Doctor! I’m just an actor but this could be the greatest discovery of all time!

-One thing, Mr Fritz... -Fritz simply nodded at the pale Brody- What have these ruins. if they exist, to do with the disasters that befell the two expeditions?

-I can’t tell you any details, Doctor Brody, that is classified, but don’t worry, my men can handle any opposition - Fritz smiled before getting up- That’s all for now. I think we all need some rest...

As soon as Fritz left the room, Brody poured himself another glass of whisky and thought about the conversation and the fate of the two expeditions. What could be out there that it required a platoon of ORRA troops to protect it? An unexpected feeling of dread raced through his spine while he emptied his glass.

pPU8Lx3.png

Fritz and Dross as the actor attempts to end
a conversation to go to the toilette.

Last edited:
I wonder what a crossover with the Drakaverse would look like where the new United States and some of their allies (without countries in Africa and continental Europe got ISOT into the Drakaverse 1942.

A German Star: Erik Fritz (38)

The Barrier Camp
Queen Maud Land
February 10th, 195

Fritz was pleased to see Dross's men assembling the second AeroJet Model 47M plane. It was a very nice day with an almost perfectly clear blue sky. The Antarctic sun shone down on the barrier camp. and Fritz was in a good mood in spire of the hellish cold becase he had just finished a lengthy lesson about the dangers and challenges of flying in artic conditions. Dross could be pretty obsesive sometimes, and Fritz was hopjng for some more exciting acivity. He was bored to sobs after suffering too many times the historians (or whatever the heck they were) having their endless discussions and boring lectures by Schoenberg. Then he saw that Dross leaving the main building and moving in his direction. He wore the same white bulky clothes as all of them did, but his hat and protruding shoulder tabs identified him as an ORRA man. He walked up in front of him and made the perfunctory "all heil!" salute. Dross wasn’t really very formal about these things normally, but he enjoyed the irked reaction of the intelectual part of the expedition every time. So, he yelled at the top of his lungs just to be sure that Doctor Brody and his colleague, Professor Falken, could hear him. Then, with the same viciouos grin on his face, he asked Fritz

-So, I gather you are going to fly in the first recce flight?

-Tomorrow morning, indeed.

-If the reports are correct, it will be an excellent day for avionics; I hope I will have the opportunity to fly with you and see some of the staggering vistas of this ice realm - Fritz did not like the dreamy expression. of Dross' eyes.

-I’m sure you will, old boy.

-Have Falken or Brody told you anything of interest?

-No, nothing yet, we’ve only discussed archeological finds, especially their excavation in Peru.

-I’m sure it’s very exciting , Keep me informed if any of then tell you anything interesting or out of the ordinary, wouldn't you?

-I doubt they’ll trust me, they seems a decent fellow - Fritz laughed.

- Remember. You are here to assist me with my mission.

-If you keep repeating that, I think I won't forget it, old boy -Fritz added, still grinning.

-Pay special attention in case Brody mentions anything related with a failed German excavation in Egypt in 1938 - Dross added suddenly. He look very sesious and that just spurred Fritz's desire to laugh very loudly.

-Did I ever tell you I was about to film "The Mummy", back in the late 30s? -When Dross rolled his eyes Fritz knew he had just hit the mark.

-There are aspects to this mission that you are not aware of yet, and the Aetheling himself is reading my daily reports. Furthermore, Falken is the foremost expert of ancient Thule and other fabled primordial civilizations., and a celebrated member of the Thule Gesellschaft

-The Cool Gesewhat? That sounds like a very yummy German dessert...

-FRITZ! - if looks could kill, Dross would have massacred Fritz on the spot.

-Very well, very well, I get your point, Dross. Relax, man! You know, so much stress can't be good for anyone's health.

Turning on his heels, Dross left Fritz and walked back towards the main building. Fritz, still smiling, wondered if it was a good idea to keep testing Dross's patience. For the moment, Fritz tough, it seemed just the perfect idea. Tomorrow the flight will provide him with enough adrenaline to forget about teason the ORRA man.

Suddenly, a huge snowball hit Fritz square on his face.

BCOgq7j.jpeg

You son of the gun!