The HEART Development and Core Thread

Borders on top.
I would also much prefer the borders to be on top of glaciers etc.
I will keep them in a seperate layer then, so they may not appear in every future patch from here on. I will be establishing alot of the HEARTs mapping standards as they become relevant so thank you guys for the feedback

A small final patch for today not showing the glaciers

Patch #10

Added Western germany
Added Elbe River
1700846575990.png

Patch #9

First redo's of the project today, especially Austria was hard and there might be some small accuracy issues with its second level divisions

Added Austria
Added Southern Germany
Added the Mossel river
Added the Main river
Added the Upper Donau
Added Alpine Glaciers

View attachment 871309

About the glaciers I am sorta curious what people would prefer to show them as, I currently have them on top of the borders but it would also be possible to put the borders on top of them like this:
View attachment 871311

Please let me know what you guys would prefer or if you'd perhaps like a mixture of the 2, currently I have the layers seperate in paint.net so I can easily edit them
Borders on top is the superior way to map

if you need help with map - I can help (tho I never participated in the creation of maps)
Thank you, any help would be greatly appriciated as this is a massive project, please let us know what area you would like to map so we don't accidentally work on the same country

I elaborated on the process by which I am creating HEART in a previous post, I suggest you start there and if you have any further questions ask them here :)

Thank you, any help would be greatly appriciated as this is a massive project, please let us know what area you would like to map so we don't accidentally work on the same country

I elaborated on the process by which I am creating HEART in a previous post, I suggest you start there and if you have any further questions ask them here :)
I can do the Middle east I guess, but the problem is, I doubt I could do country borders, just the mainland

I can do the Middle east I guess, but the problem is, I doubt I could do country borders, just the mainland
I was planning to work my way around the mediterinean to the middle east and north africa myself actually, if you don't trust yourself with country borders maybe you could do North america as thats mostly coastlines and less borders?

An update on Micronesia, now including Guam, Northen Mariana Islands, Palau, FSM, the Ralik Chain of Marshall Islands, Wake Island, Nauru, and Banaba.
1700915095020.png

Last edited:
I think for HEART the resolution is so high island outlines should be 2 pixels instead of just one, its not visible at full zoom for me like this

Otherwise great progress

I was planning to work my way around the mediterinean to the middle east and north africa myself actually, if you don't trust yourself with country borders maybe you could do North america as thats mostly coastlines and less borders?
Yea, sure, I'll try

Patch #11

Bit small for today because I had some other stuff to attend to today

Added Germany
Added half of the Oder River
Added Malta
1700919152467.png

Patch #12

For now I am showing disputed borders in red, like the BAM maps do.

Added Slovenia
Added Croatia
Added Bosnia
Added Montengro
Added the Drava river
Added the Sava river

1701001125191.png

Last edited:
Another update on Micronesia (and Polynesia), now including the Ratak Chain of Marshall Islands, Gilbert Islands, Tuvalu, Howland Island, Baker Island, Phoenix Islands, Tokelau, and Wallis and Futuna.
1701013527346.png

Patch #13

Big Patch today with lots of stuff added and slight tweaks, worked my way all the way down the Balkans, now people can start making Yugoslav war maps in HEART as well as Mussolini's Italian Empire :)

I wanted to say I am not doing second level divisions for all countries, I am doing this mainly to speed up development but also I don't think it contributes to the map in some countries cases to show the second levels, if people really want them we should revisit them at a later stage of development

Added Serbia
Added Kosovo
Added North Macedonia
Added Albania
Added Greece
Added Nord-Ostzee kanaal
Added the canal of Corinth
Extended the Sava, Drava and Danube

1701095169084.png

Last edited:
Am I doing it correct or better if I'll just spectate?
View attachment 871893
I think you are doing good, try adding the country outlines in the same way @Tomoto17 did for Oceania and see how it looks 🤔
Some of the small islands can be 1 pixel only, try to look at the mapping style I used in Greece, there are also seperate colours for reefs but I dont think then Caribean has any major reefs
Holy moly, how come I have never heard of this project?
We just started like a week ago, welcome to the thread!

Last edited: