AHC: Make Sweden part of Russia and increase German/Scandinavian immigration to Russia

I've been thinking lately how to wank Russia, and, with the help of the threads like Greater Volga German population and Quinoa introduction in Europe, I think I've figured it out.

First of all, food. Here's map of where Russia could grow Quinoa (my own estimation):
Map.jpg

With this amazing crop from the Latin America, we could easily secure a population boost that would be unprecedented in its scale. Crop seemingly perfectly made for Russia. The only other place where it could realistically grow in Europe would be the Alps.
"Quinoa can tolerate water with elevated levels of salt, high winds, frosts, and droughts and can therefore be cultivated in high-risk climate regions. However, it does not tolerate high temperatures during the growing season especially during flowering."
There are even reports that quinoa could be watered with salt water and its maximum yield happens under medium salinity.

Exif123.jpg

Now with food secured, what I want (but can't figure out how to do it) is to basically turn Sweden into Russia's Scotland - formal annexation similar to United Kingdom. As for Denmark, it would be Russia's protectorate with Danish kings marrying Russian princesses.

As for Volga Germans, I would want their population to skyrocket with the Rostov-On-Don being their "capital" from which they would further expand on Volga to move closer and closer to Kazan.

Kazan would be the main capital in this timeline, with Riga being the "St. Petersburg". The main idea is that we would add massive strategic depth to Russia, and by allowing Scandinavian migration into the "green" area, we could create a trading route that would be like OTL but on steroids with all the Swedish/Danish merchants.

TLDR my main goals are:
  1. Annexation of Sweden similar to Scotland. Perhaps Tsar marries Swedish crown
  2. Denmark as a protectorate (preferably as shown on my map so that it overextends and needs "protection")
  3. Massively higher Volga German immigration. Think 15 million Germans by the 1900. Everything blue on the map are the majority German territories. (any way to resettle Germans from Baltic regions to the either Volga or "green" route?)
  4. Instead of St. Petersburg-Moscow, 2 capitals would be Riga-Kazan.
  5. Ideally siphon all possible immigrants from Scandinavia/Germany to Russia/Siberia. US took in somewhere around 2 million Scandinavians, so let's make it the minimum that Russia would settle along the "green" trading route
Is there any way we can do it with 1600 POD?

Last edited:
Are the things on the map independent states? There's no way the Russians give the minorities even autonomy, if they come they have to be under Imperial rule.

Only Denmark would be an independent state, everything else incorporated
I doubt the Russians are willing to give autonomy to ethnical minorities, the only case where they did were the Finns, there's no reason to do so for German immigrants since they're coming anyways for other reasons, no need to compromise your power.
Anyways I can see Prussia being annexed if they lose the Seven Years' War and then make Peter III remain in power (but without being pro-Prussian) or Catherine not revoking the offensive on Denmark ordered by the first transforming Denmark into a puppet state (though then Norway isn't a part of the Russian Empire).
You have to make the Partition of Poland (or the Russian annexation of Poland) still happen which is a little bit tricky but the Russians would probably end up eating chunks of Poland-Lithuania anyways.
Then you just have to create a diplomatic incident between the Russians and Swedes, preferably while the rest of Europe is distracted.

I doubt the Russians are willing to give autonomy to ethnical minorities, the only case where they did were the Finns, there's no reason to do so for German immigrants since they're coming anyways for other reasons, no need to compromise your power.
Anyways I can see Prussia being annexed if they lose the Seven Years' War and then make Peter III remain in power (but without being pro-Prussian) or Catherine not revoking the offensive on Denmark ordered by the first transforming Denmark into a puppet state (though then Norway isn't a part of the Russian Empire).
You have to make the Partition of Poland (or the Russian annexation of Poland) still happen which is a little bit tricky but the Russians would probably end up eating chunks of Poland-Lithuania anyways.
Then you just have to create a diplomatic incident between the Russians and Swedes, preferably while the rest of Europe is distracted.
Could Russia realistically keep the entire Pomerania and Danzig? It looks very neat to have the entire Baltic coast under your control, but I'm thinking if this is possible to keep if we would see German unification in the future. Perhaps promoting German migration into Russian heartland and then resettling the Pomerania with swedes or danes, would work?

Could Russia realistically keep the entire Pomerania and Danzig? It looks very neat to have the entire Baltic coast under your control, but I'm thinking if this is possible to keep if we would see German unification in the future. Perhaps promoting German migration into Russian heartland and then resettling the Pomerania with swedes or danes, would work?
Pomerania would be given to Sweden in the event of a French-Austrian-Russian-Swedish-Saxon victory against Prussia, then Russia wins its war with Sweden and get Pomerania. Germany is unlikely to unify since Prussia is dead if they lose in the Seven Years' War and there aren't that much likely candidates to remove Austrian dominance. Edit: The lack of a unified Germany would help immigration into Russia if the Russians are able to make an appealing offer for people to move in Russia.
Migration into Pomerania by Swedes and Danes is slightly difficult since they don't have a very big population but perhaps you could invite Germans from nearby states (if there are economic opportunities obviously) + People from the Empire (be it Russian, Finns, Poles...) + Swedes and Danes there to get population.
For further migration into the empire I have no idea more than more people arriving with the migrations from in the Empire that happened IOTL, Russia doesn't have an incredible appeal to incredibly increase its population.

Last edited: